Privacy Notice for
Inspire! Privacy and Security, LLC.
Date of Last Revision: 4 September 2020
This Privacy Notice describes the data protection practices of Inspire! Privacy and Security, LLC (
“Inspire!,” “we,” “us,” or “our”
). This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect and use about you when you access the Inspire! website or engage us to provide the services listed on the Inspire! website, including the Inspire! Forum (
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND HOW WE HANDLE YOUR INFORMATION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THE INSPIRE! WEBSITE OR ENGAGE US FOR OUR SERVICES.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you through the means discussed below. Please note that we need certain types of information so that you can access the Inspire! website or provide the Services you request. If you do not provide us with the required information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access the Inspire! website or use our Services.
1. Information You Provide to Us
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
• The Services we provide and when processing your orders
• Requests or questions you submit to us via online forms, email, or otherwise
• Your participation in sweepstakes, contests, or surveys
• Any reviews that you submit about the Services
• Uploads or posts to the Services
• Requests for customer support and technical assistance
Information about you.
While parts of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name (such as simply browsing the Inspire! website), the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you request and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
• Email address
• Information about purchases or other transactions with us
• Information about your customer service interactions with us
• User-generated content you provide to us, such as when you comment on content on the Services, respond to a survey request, or hire us to provide Services
• Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with our delivery of the Services
2. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
When you use the Inspire! website, we collect and analyze only essential information via temporary cookies, such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, error logs, and other similar information.
When you use our Services, we collect certain information for the purpose of providing the Services. As discussed below, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf) may use a variety of technologies to assist in collecting this information.
3. Information We Collect as a Result of Providing Our Services to You
We may receive additional information directly from you for the purpose of providing our Services. We use this information for the purpose of providing the requested Services to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We, or our service providers, use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from you, in order to:
• Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting
• Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
• Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Inspire! services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
• Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services, including through research and reports, and to test and create new services
• Secure the Inspire! websites and resolve crashes and other issues being reported
• Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
• Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
For the purposes discussed in this Privacy Notice, we may combine the information that we collect through the Services with information that we receive from your engagement with the Inspire! website and use such combined information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Inspire! website and Services so that the information can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use the combined information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share the aggregated or anonymous data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information in the “Information We Collect Through Automated Means” section above, we and our service providers may use Internet server logs or essential temporary cookies. We do not collect any non-essential information about you via cookies or similar technologies, and we do not automatically track your location or any other type of sensitive information.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We do not collect online analytics or engage in online advertising direct to you.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Inspire! will share your information in the following ways:
Affiliates and Subsidiaries.
We may share information we collect within the Inspire! family of companies to deliver our services to you, and to enhance our services and your customer experience.
We provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, product content and features, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
Protection of Inspire! and Others.
By accessing the Inspire! website or using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that we may access, retain and disclose the information we collect and maintain about you if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, retention or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process (e.g. a subpoena or court order); (b) enforce this Privacy Notice, or other contracts with you, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; and/or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Inspire!, its agents and affiliates, its users and/or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, and spam/malware prevention, and similar purposes.
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions (including in contemplation of such transactions), user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
Certain features of our Services may make it possible for you to share comments publicly with other users, such as comments to the Inspire! blog. Any information that you submit through these features is not confidential, and we may use it for any purpose (including in testimonials or other marketing materials). Any information you post openly in these ways will be available to the public at large and potentially accessible through third-party search engines. Accordingly, please take care when using these features.
From time to time, we may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Inspire! takes technical and organizational security measures to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to Inspire! via the Internet.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
Inspire! does not use third-party links and features at this time.
The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 16 without valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Depending on your jurisdiction of residence, you may have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
1. Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local laws (e.g., in the EU) may permit you to request that we:
• provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
• prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
• update information which is out of date or incorrect
• delete certain information which we are holding about you
• restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
• transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
• revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include a need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
2. Marketing Communications and Sharing
You may instruct us not to use your contact information to contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding services, promotions, surveys and special events that might appeal to your interests by contacting us using the information below. You can also opt out by following the instructions located at the bottom of any commercial emails you may receive. Please note that, regardless of your request, we may still use and share certain information as permitted by applicable law. For example, you may not opt out of certain operational emails, such as those reflecting our relationship or transactions with you, or important notifications regarding the Services we are providing to you.
LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The legal bases for using your information as set out in this Privacy Notice are as follows:
• Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you;
• Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our website; operate our business and our Services; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services);
• Where we are required to process information in accordance with United States or an EU Member State legal obligation; or
• Where we have your consent, in accordance with applicable law.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information discussed in this Privacy Notice is processed in the United States by Inspire!, whose principal office in the United States is located at 536 North 500 East, Nephi, UT 84648 USA. Inspire! will provide an appropriate data processing agreement that will be agreed upon and executed by both of us before Inspire! begins providing any Services, which will include the collection of personal information from you as described in this Privacy Notice. Any personal information collected via the Inspire! website will be limited to public business contact information.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR RESIDENTS OF CERTAIN U.S. STATES
Some U.S. state laws (e.g., California and Nevada) provide state residents with additional privacy rights. This Privacy Notice meets current U.S. state data protection law and will be updated as these laws evolve. We do not sell your personal information as defined by any applicable US law, including the California Consumer Protection Act (2018).
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and use practices, our Services, or advances in technology. We will make the revised Privacy Notice accessible through the Inspire! website and the Services, so you should review the Privacy Notice periodically. The “Date of Last Revision” included at the beginning of this Privacy Notice will indicate when it was last updated. If we make a material change to the Notice, you will be provided with appropriate notice in accordance with legal requirements. By continuing to access the Inspire! website or using the Services, you are confirming you have read and understand the latest version of this Privacy Notice.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this Inspire! Privacy Notice or our associated information practices.
You may contact us as follows:
L Denise Farnsworth
Inspire! Privacy and Security LLC
536 North 500 East
Nephi, Utah 84648